Pokemon Colosseum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon Colosseum

There Forum of competitive battling and where you become a Gym Leader or Elite 4!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Standard Battling Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 198
Wifi Gym Badges :
Standard Battling Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Standard Battling Rules Right_bar_bleue

Friend Code : 4425 0913 1296
Clan Points : 500/50,000
Shoddy Battle Gym Badges :
Standard Battling Rules Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Standard Battling Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-10

Standard Battling Rules Empty
PostSubject: Standard Battling Rules   Standard Battling Rules Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2008, 11:23 pm

•Match Type: Level 100 Standard Play Only.
•Best of: 1 match (6 Pokémon each)

In addition, the following rules apply to all Gym matches.

•Sleep Clause: No two Pokémon on either team may be put to sleep by their opponent at the same time. This does not include self-induced sleep techniques such as rest.

•Self KO Clause: If both players are on their last Pokémon, and one player performs a Self KO technique such as Self-Destruct or Explosion, and both players' Pokémon faint as a result, the player that initiated the move will be the loser of the battle. This does not include techniques or items that produce recoil.

•One Hit KO Clause: Moves that produce a OHKO are prohibited. This would make most battles one-sided. These moves include:

•Evasion Clause: Any moves that increase your Pokémon’s evasion skills are banned from use. This is due to the simple reason that it brings the battles to a gamble, a luck draw, if you will.

•One Hit KO Clause: Any techniques that produce a One Hit KO on the opponent are banned from use. No horn drill, sheer cold, or fissure.

•Item Clause/Restriction is OFF: That means you may use more than one of the same item. Just try to refrain from six focus sashes.

Keep in Mind: The use of any hacked Pokémon is strictly forbidden. This means Pokémon created by Pokesav or any other cheating devices even with legit stats are not allowed. If you are caught with any hacked Pokémon, your team is subjected to being banned for a certain period of time. If you refuse, an inspection of your team by an admin or moderator to check for hacked Pokémon will ensue. Or, if you are caught lying to an admin or moderator, a strict punishment will be enforced upon you.

Make sure your Pokémon are legitimately obtained before using them. If you got your Pokémon in the GTS, check them using IV calculators. Or, if you don’t completely trust yourself, ask an admin or moderator to engage in a trade – not for Pokémon, but to check the stats of your Pokémon to see if they are legitimate. Having no “legit” Pokémon available is no excuse, even highly competitive legitimate Pokémon are not that hard to obtain.
If you want to play with Pokémon teams that have all maxed out stats, there are online simulators that allow this advantage. If you wish to use

Credit to Caitie.

Last edited by Alex on June 29th 2008, 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoncolosseum.forumotion.com
salice
Moderators
Moderators

Number of posts : 36
Wifi Gym Badges :
Standard Battling Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Standard Battling Rules Right_bar_bleue

Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000
Standard Battling Rules Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Standard Battling Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Standard Battling Rules   Standard Battling Rules Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 1:15 am

I have a couple of problems with these rules and I think they should be addressed.

Alex wrote:
•Match Type: Level 100 Standard Play Only.
•Best of: 1 match (6 Pokémon each)

In addition, the following rules apply to all Gym matches.

•Species Clause: You may not have more than one of the same exact Pokémon on your team, or of the same type.

Same type? So you're telling me I can't have a Metagross, Steel/Psychic, and a Heatran, Steel/Fire, on the same team? Or are you just telling me I can't have a Metagross and a Bronzong, Steel/Psychic, which has the exact same typing. This needs to be clarified. Furthermore, this is just a ridiculous rule as many, many teams often have the combo of Bronzong+Heatran which is a great defensive combination. In my opinion this is just a ridiculous rule and needs to be changed. I understand having the same species as being a problem but by banning same types you complete shut down a lot of defensive combinations and teams as well as the idea of a mono-team entirely. In my opinion this is just ridiculous.

One other thing, you talk about "maxed out stats" and how you could play on simulators if you want that, do you mean violating the 510 EV rule or do you mean have maxed out IVs? Because no simulator allows you to violate the 510 EV rule so I can only assume you are talking about IVs. In which case I have to say it is theoretically possibly, although improbable, that someone could indeed have a pokemon with perfect IVs so it is difficult to punish someone for this when you can't really prove hacking or cheating was involved as it could simple be by random chance.

These two issues need to be clarified/resolved.

Also, nitpick but you forgot to mention Guillotine in the OHKO moves list. You may also want to mention Destiny Bond under the self-KO clause.

Edit: Also, under Evasion Clause what about the move Acupressure which does have a 1/7 chance of raising your evasion every time it is used. Does this move count in violation of Evasion Clause? Basically, Acupressure is a bad move in my opinion and a rarely used one but it is feasible someone could want to use it so it does need to be addressed.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 198
Wifi Gym Badges :

Friend Code : 4425 0913 1296
Standard Battling Rules Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Standard Battling Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Standard Battling Rules   Standard Battling Rules Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2008, 12:11 pm

I edited the rule. You can have maxed IVs but it is really rare to get it. If you get it you might be the luckiest person in the world lol! And yes that move is allowed.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoncolosseum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Battling Rules   Standard Battling Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard Battling Rules
Page 1 of 1